Human Events has posted a copy of a letter from Nancy Pelosi and the House Democratic leadership to Democratic members of Congress outlining a “Strategic Communications Plan for August: Health Insurance Reform” for them “to use this month to build support and momentum so [they] can return in September well-positioned to pass a health reform bill in the House.”
The letter includes the following talking points that are “in sync with the White House” and counter “the Republican ‘government takeover’ message”:
- Hold the insurance companies accountable.
- Remove them from between you and your doctor.
- No discrimination for pre-existing conditions.
- No dropping your coverage because you get sick.
- No more job or life decisions made based on loss of coverage.
- No need to change doctors or plans.
- No co-pays for preventive care.
- No excessive out-of-pocket expenses, deductibles, or co-pays.
- No yearly or lifetime cost caps on what insurance companies cover.
How will you respond to these points if your senator or representative raises them?