The Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) has released the report, titled “Proposed NCEE Comments on Draft Technical Support Document for Endangerment Analysis for Greenhouse Gas Emissions under the Clean Air Act,” that was suppressed by the Obama Administration’s EPA. In the report, the author, Alan Carlin, stated that “[d]espite the complexity of the climate system the following conclusions appear to be well supported by the available data”:
- “By far the best single explanation for global temperature fluctuations is variations in the PDO [Pacific Decadal Oscillation]/ENSO [El Niño-Southern Oscillation].”
- “There appears to be a strong association between solar sunspots/irradiance and global temperature fluctuations.”
- “Changes in GHG [greenhouse gas] concentration appear to have so little effect that it is difficult to find any effect in the satellite temperature record, which started in 1978.” (iv)
- “The surface measurements (HADCRUT [Hadley Climate Research Unit Temperature]) are more ambiguous than the satellite measurements in that the increasing temperatures shown since the mid-1970s could either be due to the rapid growth of urbanization and the heat island effect of by the increase in GHG levels. However, since no such increase is shown in the satellite record it appears more likely that urbanization and the UHI [urban heat island] effect are the most likely cause.”
- “Hence it is not reasonable to conclude that there is any endangerment from changes in GHG levels based on the satellite record, since almost all the fluctuations appear to be due to natural causes and not human-caused pollution as defined by the Clear Air Act.”
- “There is a strong possibility that there are some other natural causes of global temperature fluctuations that we do not yet fully understand and which may account for the 1998 temperature peak which appears on both the satellite and surface temperature records.”
Carlin concludes that “[g]iven the downward trend in temperatures since 1998 (which some think will continue until at least 2030) there is no particular reason to rush into decisions based on a scientific hypothesis that does not appear to explain most of the available data” (v; emphasis added). This is what we need to tell our U.S. Senators.
Video: “‘Suppressed’ Climate Change Report Author Speaks Out on Fox News”
Video: “EPA’s Secret Document”
Video: “Rep. Sensenbrenner on suppressed EPA report”
Comments Off on Truth about “Climate Change” Suppressed in EPA Report
In a press release dated yesterday, Rep. Perlmutter’s office announced that his “GREEN Act (Green Resources for Energy Efficient Neighborhoods) was heard in the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity.” This bill “provides incentives to lenders and financial institutions to provide lower interest loans and other benefits to consumers, who build, buy or remodel their homes and businesses to improve their energy efficiency.”
In prepared remarks, Perlmutter stated, “Combined, our homes, businesses, schools, governments, and industries consume more than 70 percent of the natural gas and electricity used in the country. The GREEN Act would reduce the harmful effects buildings have on the environment by encouraging energy efficiency and the development of renewable energy resources, thereby creating sustainable communities.”
What harmful effects are buildings having on the environment? Is this more nonsense about greenhouses gases supposedly causing global warming? That’s been thoroughly debunked.
I have no objection to individuals, businesses, and other organizations improving energy efficiency in their buildings if that’s what they want to do. However, the federal government should not be involved in that and certainly shouldn’t be trying to motivate people to do it–particularly at taxpayer expense. Show me where in the Constitution the federal government is given authority to interfer with financial institutions or energy production.
Comments Off on Perlmutter Watch 6-12-09
Comments Off on Video: “Stop Global Whining! (Extended version)”
Comments Off on Video: “Glenn Beck Discusses Global Warming With Professor Bob Carter”
“3/2/09 – The ‘Gore Effect’: The phenomenon that leads to unseasonably cold temperatures, driving rain, hail, or snow whenever global warming activists visit an area to discuss or protest global warming.”
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Video: “The ‘Gore Effect’ Strikes Again!“
Comments Off on Video: “The ‘Gore Effect’ Strikes Again!”
The other night on The Mark Levin Show, a caller mentioned that it would be nice if there were a website where conservatives could go for information on the issues. I’ve started a wiki for that purpose. I’ll also be posting the information in my blog as I collect it.
For starters, here are some sources for information on global warming:
- Patrick J. Michaels, Meltdown: The Predictable Distortion of Global Warming by Scientists, Politicians, and the Media (at Amazon.com)
- Patrick J. Michaels, Shattered Consensus: The True State of Global Warming (at Amazon.com)
- S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery, Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years (at Amazon.com)
- Roy Spencer, Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor (at Amazon.com)
I’m also posting this information on the Information on Issues for Conservatives (II4Cons) wiki. Please let me know if there are resources I should add by commenting on this post or sending me a message on Twitter.
Comments Off on Information on Issues for Conservatives (II4Cons): Global Warming
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Video: “CBC – Global Warming Doomsday Called Off“
Comments Off on Video: “CBC – Global Warming Doomsday Called Off”
Thurs., Mar. 5
6:00 p.m. SLT/PST
GOP Cafe in Second Life
to help members gather ammunition to support conservative principles and Republican issues in discussions with our political opponents
Comments Off on Thursday Night Discussion at GOP Cafe: Gathering Ammunition on Global Warming