I finished reading This Is Herman Cain! this week and have some questions for you since you didn’t discuss your political views and involvement before you ran for the Senate:
- How and how much were you involved in politics before you decided to run for office?
- How long have you been a registered Republican?
- Since you were old enough to vote, which presidential candidates did you vote for?
- Have you or any of the companies you owned every contributed to a Democrat candidate?
- What does being a conservative mean to you?
- How long have you considered yourself to be a conservative?
Comments Off on Questions for @THEHermanCain
Comments Off on Video: “Community Organizer Rig The Election Act 2010”
Comments Off on Video: “Rep. Michele Bachmann on a constitutional conservative umbrella strategy”
In my precinct, which is in Wheat Ridge in Jefferson County, we had eight people show up. Here are the preference poll results:
I was disappointed that so many people, in my precinct and in the state at large, prefer McInnis–at least for now. If you think McInnis is a conservative, read this post from December of 2008.
I voted for Wiens, but I could support Buck from what I’ve heard. I’m just glad no one voted for Norton. (I did remind everyone that she had supported Referenda C and D.)
Comments Off on Precinct Preference Poll Results
Rocky Mountain Right, Mount Virtus, Peoples Press Collective, and others have reported that the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NSRC) is supporting Jane Norton, a RINO who supported Referenda C and D, for Colorado’s U.S. Senate race next year and pressuring Ken Buck and Ryan Frazier to withdraw (here, here, and here).
If you want the NRSC to butt out of Colorado’s primaries, join Colorado Petition to NRSC: Just Say No on Facebook, send the NRSC a message on Twitter (@NRSC), call them at (202) 675-6000, or e-mail them at email@example.com.
Comments Off on Tell the NRSC To Butt Out of Colorado’s Primaries
Because of a plumbing emergency yesterday, I didn’t get to follow my own advice regarding making examples of the eight Republicans who voted for the Democrats’ national energy tax (Capntr8ors) until today. Here are the results of my calls:
- I called the office of House Republican Leader John Boehner (on Twitter) at (202) 225-4000 and asked what was being done about the Capntr8ors. The fellow who answered the phone sounded confused. I then asked specifically how they were going to be punished–perhaps by being removed from committee assignments. He had no answer but told me that he would pass on my message.
- I called the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC on Twitter) at (202) 479-7000 and asked why CapnTr8ors Lance and Reichert are part of their “Patriot Program.” I was transferred to someone’s voice messaging system and left a message asking that question and why the NRCC is raising money for these traitors.
- I called the Freedom Project, “a political action committee (PAC) established in 1995 to provide assistance to Republican candidates for federal office” (“About“), at (202) 543-9495 and asked why CapnTr8ors Lance and Reichert are listed in “Featured Key Races” on their home page. The young man who answered was in agreement with me and said he would talk to the webmaster, though I don’t know how that would help.
- I called the Republican National Committee (RNC on Twitter) at (202) 863-8500 (and pressed 1) and was told that they would not be giving any money or other support to the CapnTr8ors.
Comments Off on Results of Calls to Republican Leaders about #CapnTr8ors
Comments Off on Video: “Jon Voight Speech to the 2009 GOP House Senate Fund Raiser”
More for my reading list:
- Kevin R. C. Gutzman, The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution
- Martin D. Weiss, The Ultimate Depression Survival Guide: Protect Your Savings, Boost Your Income, and Grow Wealthy Even in the Worst of Times
- G. Edward Griffin, The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve
- Hugh Hewitt, GOP 5.0: Republican Renewal Under President Obama
- John Fund, Stealing Elections: How Voter Fraud Threatens Our Democracy
Comments Off on Additions to Reading List
Comments Off on Video: “Independents’ Day”