|In Breakout: Pioneers of the Future, Prison Guards of the Past, and the Epic Battle That Will Decide America’s Future, Newt Gingrich and Ross Worthington write about current and future “breakouts,” which are “bigger and more powerful than breakthroughs” (6) in
In addition, they discuss breakouts from poverty and disabilities.
Unfortunately, Gingrich recommends only revamping NASA and NIH rather than eliminating them entirely, which is what should be done since space exploration and medical research are not within the federal governments limited responsibilities. (See the Constitution.)
This type of research and writing are clearly Newt’s niche and what he should be doing rather than running for president claiming to be a conservative.
I recommend the book to anyone interested in the future.
I found the following videos about Breakout:
November 24, 2013
February 13, 2009
- Was anyone there besides people trying to sell their or their companies’ products and services?
- Why weren’t arrangements made to allow people outside the Beltway to participate–not just watch?
February 9, 2009
February 5, 2009
Video: “Stop the Stimulus Bill“
“Call your Senators at 202-224-3121 and tell them to oppose the stimulus package.”
December 16, 2008
December 15, 2008
December 10, 2008
November 24, 2008
November 12, 2008
This afternoon I heard the GOPAC chairman and former lieutenant governor of Maryland Michael Steele on Sean Hannity’s show. Apparently Steele has decided to run for RNC Chairman. (I haven’t found out yet how the position is filled.) I was impressed with what he had to say.
- Michael Steele
- Mike Duncan, current RNC Chairman
- Newt Gingrich
- Katon Dawson, chairman of the South Carolina GOP
- Chip Saltsman, former chairman of the Tennessee GOP and Huckabee’s campaign chairman
- Jim Nussle, head of White House OMB
- Saul Anuzis, chairman of Michigan GOP
- Jim Greer, chairman of Florida GOP
At this point, Steele would be my first choice, and Gringrich my second. (I’ve never even heard of the others.) The right person in this position could fill the leadership vacuum in the conservative movement and help in rebuilding it and the GOP.
Here is a video of Steele’s speech at the GOP convention this year from the C-SPAN channel on YouTube: